Saturday 31 August 2019

Ludmila Balabanova - Sunflower Field


The collection of 21 haibun is one of the most beautiful things I have read lately.
What is haibun?!
Haibun is a combination of prose and haiku. (And if you do not know what haiku is - traditional very short Japanese poetry, made of three verses)

I must admit, I had never before read haiku or haibun. But I really enjoyed it.
And mostly, I particularly loved the introduction that the authoress made to the collection, namely that haibun is meant to stimulate the reader's imagination and sensibility.

Going through topics such as family relationships, simple but complex events from life, nature and its impact upon on us, time is seen with more meaning than what we usually credit it with. 
I highly recommend you read this book or any other haibun collection. You will learn new things about your imagination, or how your memory functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment