Tuesday 4 May 2021

We honor and read you, master!


Today, we celebrate 99 years since Vlad Musatescu was born. Let’s honor him properly by reading what he wrote, this time a fragment from ‘Approximate Adventures’:

“….

 

‘You will see with your own eyes. I will plunge from the trampoline. From at least fifteen meters. When she realizes the things I am capable of, Fifi will surely surrender.’

‘Wait a minute, I don’t understand.’

‘What, what is it that you don’t understand?’, I asked in an angry voice.

‘What trampoline are you going to plunge from? I don’t see any around.’

‘You are wrong. It is one, and that is the old willow at the bank.’

‘Well, it’s your choice… But what will you get from that poor Fifi, she only has that cheap dress?’

‘You idiot!’, I exclaimed in despair. ‘That’s exactly what I want… The dress!’

….

The main difficulty was not to plunge from the trampoline, but to climb at the top of the willow. Anyway, when I got there, I was so tired and sweaty that my hands slipped on the smooth bark of the tree. And so I performed, without my will, the announced jump.

It was a jump worthy of a champion. An authentic one. I rotated three times in the air, terrified and struggling to regain my trust, but when I hit the level of water I was facing downwards. And down was how I went, diving. In the worst whirl of the brook. And I never came out.

When I woke up to reality, I was laying on the beach, facing upwards. And on my belly there was a hulk of a man pumping up my digestive installation.

 

….”

No comments:

Post a Comment