Sunday 19 June 2022

Learn to take the Credit!

I was watching this wonderful interview with Richard Dreyfuss, an actor I simply adore. By all means, do watch it for your own enlightenment, too.

A particular moment that I liked in this interview was Richard Dreyfuss telling the story about him complimenting a friend about his acting. The friend replied that it was not him who succeeded in the performance, but the muse. And then, Richard replied: Fuck the muse! When you’re bad, is it the muse?

 

I never thought about it this way. When we succeed in any arts implementation, we tend to give credit to the muse. And I, as a writer, do that, too. Whenever somebody compliments me about my books or my writing, I tend to distribute the thanks to the muse.

So learn to take the credit no matter the art you are representing!

No comments:

Post a Comment