Friday 11 December 2020

The power of ‘No’

Recently, I received a ‘No’ and it was a good moment to stop and analyze my feelings.

I do not know about you, but I have received a lot of ‘No’ replies in my life. To the point that it was high time I gave everything up for not being good enough. I never was and never will be the kind of person that if faced with a closed door tries to enter through the window. But I am persevering, I tell you that. Well, a shy persevering. I taught myself to use my hurt feelings for the best and try to find other solutions in order to achieve my goal.

 

It’s hard. I’m not going to lie to you about this, and I am not going to show myself as a superhero. It’s very hard to receive refusals and to keep the faith in your project. Inevitably, one starts to think if one should insist on it, given that people keep saying that one's proposal is not in fashion and it cannot bring too many interested parties to the table.

 

At the end, I think that if one finds even a faint sense or meaning, one should continue. My meaning? Well, if I succeed in making people smile and if, after reading what I wrote, they find themselves closer to other people, other people’s experiences and emotions, my meaning does exist. Maybe in more ways that I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment