Saturday 3 December 2022

I cannot find you anywhere – Laura Ionescu


It’s a little hard to write about Laura Ionescu’s book, but it’s rather easy to love it, to find oneself in it, to recommend it to others and to let yourself be enchanted by the magic of simple words that usually mean more than those pompous words we see being used around.

In ‘I cannot find you anywhere’, I found myself in many of its chapters. I found my mom with her love for the village life, I found myself being fussy because I was lucky enough and did not live so many years under Communism, and I found my sister – here below is an excerpt that applies for us, too:

‘The two of us got to know each other better later in life, when I became her eldest child and the difference of 13 years between proved to be a divine mathematics.’

I wish you find yourself in this book too, and when you do let it teach you a thing or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment