Wednesday 16 November 2016

Philip O Ceallaigh - And you wake up laughing


Like any other self-respectful reader, I am constantly in search of books that could spiritually enrich me. I do not look for answers when I read books, but I do wish to find moments that could be described as they had never before, common things that receive (through the author’s writing) new meanings; I search for the old in the new and the new in the old. And you wake up laughing is a book that spiritually enriches one. At a first glance, it might strike you as a simple narration. The maze-like streets of Bucharest cast a strange spell and one winds up asking onself, just like the main character, if one is courageous enough to answer the call of one's true version.
Bricks appear, here and there, throughout the narration. I let you discover the construction the book refers to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment