Monday 7 November 2016

Proneness

A sound becomes alert and I realize that unless I hurry up, the poor cars waiting for the switch of lights in order to drive away will run me over. I’m on the sidewalk. Pff, that’s a release! Once more I survived. 
I slow down my pace. Enough to enjoy the scene in front of me. A white Panemar booth. A lady is waiting standing in line and smiling at the person in front of her. A schoolboy; his backpack gave him away. A blue cap keeps dropping menacingly over his eyes, but he holds tight. On his tip-toes. And with the tip of his fingers strongly grabs at the counter.
The voice of the salewoman reached over to me, too: we don’t have.
‘Then, please do give me …’.
And I can’t hear the end of his sentence anymore. But I keep thinking how nice it is to hear a little boy using the courtesy pronoun.

No comments:

Post a Comment