Thursday 23 February 2023

Ode to Boredom


The other day, I got into talking about the busy schedule kids nowadays have, how they attend various courses and activities, before and after school, and how, poor darlings, should already have that registered as work experience. Well, I see a lot of adults that live the same way, plunging into crazy schedules. But the saddest thing is that most brag about being busy. Just like some brag about being able to multitask; I guess we, humans, still need a little time to absorb the information that this is dangerous and leading to burn out.

I do not support total inactivity, but being bored can help. We are so afraid to stop and give a little rest to our bodies and souls as if they would atrophy. And especially, we must not mistake boredom with laziness.

Often, I find inspiration in moments of respite, when my mind wanders and is no longer focusing on finding a solution or when I am sitting on the couch after the working day is done and I watch the show of changing colors on the sky at sunset. Moreover, it’s nothing to be ashamed of to give yourself a break from this race we are on every day, to stop the engine and regroup. Boredom can be a muse, I say to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment