Monday 5 October 2020

Traditions

They say that creative people easily develop obsessions. And this could be noticed in their quirks, routines, in the way they organize their desks (to the right the things to do and to the left the things that were already solved – yep, it would be funny to see me in action, fluttering pieces of paper from one side to the other) or the drinks they have (tea, coffee, rum, sangria, wine, cider, beer) and at what time.

If it was not clear enough, the text above was meant to confirm it. Yes, we develop obsessions. For example, one such obsession of mine is popcorn. No matter where life took me (within Romania, Germany or Russia), the craving for popcorn was always on the priorities list.  

Being the traditions keeper that I am, especially when it comes to popcorn, that was not always an easy task – finding the corn kernels because I like my popcorn made in the tin kettle. So you must know that I was really pleased with my recent discovery on the box of a brand of corn kernels the recipe to making the traditional popcorn.


Sometimes I wonder how many people are there left in the world making their popcorn in the tin kettle. And I do like to believe that if corn kernels are still for sale in shops, then not everyone has turned to microwave for their popcorn.

Well, this is to you, my friends! And to properly celebrate you, I am going to make popcorn in my tin kettle.

Crunch-Crunch

No comments:

Post a Comment