Sunday 17 January 2021

Blown away

Every now and then I get in a discussion about the meaning of life.

Yes, I’ve read some famous philosophers’ works, I’ve talked with intelligent people, I even took time for myself (a sort of meditation, if you like) to think about things, and somehow the loop cannot be closed with only these things.

We are all obsessed with the purpose of us living now and in this place. And we would all love to get simple answers to some of our painful questions. Let me give it to you bluntly – there are no simple answers.

But I do ('believe in love' like Katie Melua would beautifully sing) get a grasp of things. From time to time. And here it goes.

That meaning. Oh, well, we get that meaning of life, of all the sacrifices we made, of all the heartbreaks, disappointments, disbeliefs, in that special moment when somebody does something in sheer altruism. It is such a breathtaking moment to witness that it is actually fine that it seldom happens. Even though the memory of it never goes away. It lingers and my take is that it keeps us from giving up on hope.

I’ve been blessed with a couple of moments of this sort. And it is such a wonder to be able to breathe through the emotion. But never before have the breaths meant more. And it is actually that air in your lungs the proof that the feeling and the happening are real. And so are you. Oh, the validation!

No comments:

Post a Comment