Sunday 13 June 2021

Why did you become a writer?


There is something about this question that leads to the idea that one can choose. Well, I did not choose. It just happened that I became a published writer. But I must say that before that I was a storyteller.

I guess I interfered the most in the process of becoming a published writer when I sent emails to various publishing houses and tried to make my work get published. That’s really my part in becoming’ a writer, for it is here when I had an active role.

While the texts… well… I do believe writers are vessels. They just are the means through which the meeting between a story and its readers is facilitated.

Thus, I come before you and write: I did not become a writer. I was a writer far earlier than I could account for. It’s just, I had no idea, that’s all. But it’s been a while now since  I know. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment