Monday 9 January 2023

Call a spade a spade


This year, I am not going to make plans (well, only regarding the number of books I am going to read). This is how I am, even though I did not live many years under Ceausescu’s regime I have an issue with planning over the next five years. And I must admit I am one of those persons that like to set milestones whenever a personal or professional project must be delivered. Thus, I have no issue with strategy, but with the too-much-promoted question – where will you be in … years’ time?

Thus, this year I won’t let stupid remarks get by without telling things as they are. And here’s a clear example (I recently heard it and I really wanted to give that lady a piece of my mind (she was a psychologist), but I could not since she was on TV; yes, a small inconvenience for me, it’s true): nowadays, people are better. 

No, lady, people are exactly as they have always been and as they will be, even though now there are smartphones everywhere and we get the feeling that everyone is smart and cultivated. Some people are wonderful beings, always there to help, responsible, dignified, and reliable. Others, are ruthless, lazy and mere pests.

And I clearly saw the game you were playing, lady; it was to make me, the one watching you on TV, make me feel good about myself and remembering your name for you were the one that understood how great I am for living during these times. My father has a savory saying – shoo, smell the floor!

 

And you, what idiot remarks annoy you?

No comments:

Post a Comment