Wednesday 12 April 2023

Arges – a cultural magazine


Elves exist, I tell you. When I opened the big white envelope that could not fit the mailbox, I did not expect to see a cultural magazine. Then, I remembered that a while back an elf asked for my postal address and here’s the surprise. Come to think about it, I may be luckier than I thought, and the number of elves watching over my happiness is bigger than expected.

A call to action – have you recently said thank you to the elves in your life? If not, take this as a sign that it’s high time you did.

I must admit that when I first touched the magazine, I thought about dad, how he would enjoy analyzing the font and the layout. His daughter made him proud and took a peek at the thirty two pages of the magazines, and after that she starting reading it.

I don’t know how is it for you, but I love the smell and feeling of paper. I love how books smell and I cannot truly enjoy a book unless I can perform the highest ritual when reading a book, turning the page. Thus, I will always buy books. But it is a while since I last held a magazine in my hands. And this was a nice experience. And made me nostalgic of a time when I used to browse through newspapers every day.

The cultural magazine Arges can cater for all tastes. It has literary criticism, feature reports, poetry and prose, but also other various interesting articles. And writing about variety, I truly think anyone can find something enjoyable to read in its pages.

If you, just like me, haven’t held for some time a magazine in your hands, be it cultural or not, here’s a second call to action – buy it and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment