Tuesday, 15 September 2026

A Quantum Drunkenness – Goran Mrakić


A few years ago, I gave my nephew a calendar that featured a joke a day. This book reminded me of that calendar. And not because it treats everything as a joke; even if we wanted to, life makes sure to laugh at us first.


Told with humor, tenderness, and a love for traditions—for things that have vanished and that young people will never be able to understand simply because they lack the experience (my nephew doesn’t understand how we could have lived without a phone, especially since we didn’t even have a landline)— the stories for each day are a delight for any reader.

 


“Tales for a Bizarre World”— the subtitle reads—I’d say they’re more like tales in defense against a bizarre world, one that’s constantly expanding and for which I often can no longer find understanding.

 

I wouldn’t rule out keeping this book close at hand, to serve as a sort of calendar, as you mentioned above. 

Notti maghice

No comments:

Post a Comment