Wednesday 4 May 2022

10 Reasons Why I Love Vlad Musatescu’ Literature


Today marks one hundred years since Vlad Musatescu was born. I prepared a ten-reasons list why I love Vlad and his books and what reading them has taught me. Here they are:

 

1. It is important to be cheerful and to laugh at yourself and the situations you face.

2. By applying all of the above, one remains a reliable, hardworking and responsible person. To laugh, contrary to what some mimicking great intelligence believe, does not make one an idiot.

3. Because nobody ever described so majestically the recipe of the big tomato salad.

4. Sometimes it so happens that in the abovementioned salad one adds car oil instead of salad oil. Then, one gathers oneself and refers to the first reason in this list.

5. So much love for the kind people is felt throughout his books, and the way Vlad highlights their humanity reminds me of the kind people I too met until now and it makes me look forward to meeting others. And this is how I exercise gratefulness.

6. Vlad Musatescu’s collection called ‘Approximate Adventures’ mentions more Romanian writers than ‘The History of the Romanian Literature’ written by George Calinescu.

7. In the beginning, Vlad wanted to be a poet. I cannot but resonate with him on that.

8. Vlad always found himself in the middle of weird and funny happenings. Whether it was him that initiated them or not.

9. Without the dog Mishu Falconetti, his nephews that he called the Ostrogoths, the character Mike-The Saint and aunt Ralitza, something inside of me, beautiful that is, would have never developed.

10. And mostly, I am grateful and happy to have discovered Vlad’s books because all my love for books and reading started with them.

 

And since no matter how convincing I write about Vlad, it’s far better for you to experience first-hand reading, please see below some paragraphs selected from his works and published on my blog throughout the years:

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 3

paragraph 4

paragraph 5

paragraph 6

paragraph 7

No comments:

Post a Comment