Monday 8 February 2021

Film recommendation

When a great actor passes away it's hard to explain why one feels sad. Especially, if it happens that one has never met that actor, but one feels to have shared so much that no explanations are needed.

I am not entitled to rate actors' performances, but Robin Williams' seems hard to be replaced. And actually, I do not seek to have it replaced. I guess, if we tried to replace things we would not gain anything - well, not anything new, that is.

Christopher Plummer recently passed away. But his legacy is so great that it becomes priceless. I took a liking to him from the first time I saw him, performing in The Sound of Music. Over the years, I was glad to discover and rediscover him in various roles.

His entire filmography is worth watching. All his movies are great. One surely will find in them a thing, a look, a saying, a smile - no matter how small - to win one's heart forever.

I dearly recommend the movie Remember. I reckon that talented people and their work should not be surrendered to forgetfulness.

(Photo copyright)

No comments:

Post a Comment