Saturday 12 February 2022

Almond macaroons


I went today through Piata Romana neighborhood and once I arrived in front of the Casandra pastry shop, I remembered that for months now I have not gone there to buy some almond macaroons or a Pavlova cake (better than at any place I’ve eaten in Bucharest).

Since I had some other errands, I could not carry with me other cakes or a Pavlova cake, so I asked for some almond macaroons to carry. The nice lady at the counter put them in a box and I asked her to transfer them in a bag. So she put them in a paper bag and then insisted to put that one in a plastic bag, so they would not turn to crumbles. I thanked her for being so kind and she replied:

‘Well, I remember you, you are one of our loyal customers, it is a pleasure to care for your order!’


And even though I was wearing the mask and I haven’t been there for at least three months, she still recognized me. This reminded me of why I always like to go shop in places where people treat you with kindness.

This moment was as sweet and soothing as the almond macaroons that this pastry shop makes. And not only these, but all cakes there are amazing. Especially when one compares them with other pastry shops, where they use the same fillings for different cakes (they just experiment with the names and not with the flavors).

If you have not yet tasted them, you should. I haven’t tasted almond macaroons better than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment