Sunday 10 March 2024

The Truth

I have been living on standby for some weeks now. Finally, the waiting is done. Which is a good and not so good thing because my expectations were shattered.

Last summer, this pretty flower came into our home. For those that do not know, I don’t like having flowers inside the house and nor am I very interested in learning how to care for them. But this one charmed me with its beautiful blue and so I took it home.

After the petals had fallen, I have been waiting for it to bloom again, refusing to believe others who insisted that it will no longer be a blue blossom.

And here it is, it’s not blue but white. I only now found out that the plant must have been injected with ink and so the beautiful color can be explained.

(yes, it's true, I have strawberry string lights on my balcony)

But it’s ok. I must consider my winnings, and this one is not at all a small one – a plant survived me. Which is not an easy thing to do, actually!

 

P.S. Please don’t read this as an encouragement to give me plants in pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment