Sunday 31 March 2024

Travelling through Books

When I travel, I try to buy books written by local authors. I love to discover, through their books, the things they have in common with Romanian society or concerns, but also Romanian literature. And a special enchantment comes from discovering the differences. 

Unfortunately, there are only a couple of main actors on the market, and the others hardly or never get in the spotlight, and it’s such a shame. This is visible not only in the literature that gets to Romania, but also in other arts, such as movie, theatre, music, etc. I know of different cultural programs meant to promote other less marketized cultures, but still what is in fashion takes the spotlight.

Aside from the abovementioned discoveries, another wonderful thing happens – I can travel any time I want to those respective countries, albeit only by thought.

This week, I travelled to Croatia and Italy, as you can see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment