Sunday 24 February 2019

How to be optimistic

People keep asking me about the secret to my being optimistic all the time. I think that I must have received it genetically, from generation to generation. The trick is surely related to that. And then, I grew up amongst people that like to make jokes and believe that a day spent without even a little smile is a lost day. 

Sure, life has taught me that not everybody is of the same opinion when it comes to high-spiritedness. A bitter lesson I had to learn when I was looked at as if I were an alien for making a joke. I was seriously suffering from unreliability, that was the conclusion drawn about me, like a curtain that comes down at the end of a play and no reply can ever be made.
But it's fine... I know that now I must not brim over with optimism, and then - if the situation seems favorable - I can demonstrate that I am serious, hardworking and that I keep my own words while being incredibly fun to be around to.

But let's get back to the issue... Being an optimistic is rather innate, but also depends on the people around you. I am an optimistic also because of the people I interact with. A couple of dear friends keep showing me, in case I forget, who am I and who are they. Golden, spirited, raising. Let's take, for example, the picture below. A musical box. But not an ordinary one.
A musical box that was handmade by one of my collaborators. And the melody that comes from it when you turn the handle is "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong. And like I was writing... the most important thing is to be constantly shown by others of the optimism you carry within you.
And when it comes to talking about methods in order to see the world more optimistically, I think that everyone has something to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment