Sunday 3 February 2019

My inspirationals

What do you do in order to feel better?
I collect quotes and pictures. I have a Word document in which I keep quotes to read on a good day or on a not so good day.
From all the pictures, I particular like the one below and I think it found me, instead:
(photo source: https://me.me/i/if-you-expect-the-world-to-be-fair-with-you-5722040)

Below there are some of my favourite quotes:

"Je veux tout de la vie, être une femme et aussi un homme, avoir beaucoup d'amis, et aussi la solitude, travailler énormément, écrire de bons livres, et aussi voyager, m'amuser, être égoïste et aussi généreuse… Vous voyez, ce n'est pas facile d'avoir tout ce que je veux. Or quand je n'y parviens pas, ça me rend folle de colère".
---- Simone de Beauvoir à Nelson Algren, 3 juillet 1947
(I demand everything from life, to be a woman and also a man, to have friends and also enjoy solitude, to work hard and to write good books, but also to travel, to feel good, to be selfish, but also generous.. You see, all this that I want is not easy to obtain. And when I don't get it, I tend to get as mad as hell.) 

“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place, and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you get hit; it’s about how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward.”
-- Rocky Balboa in Rocky, 1976

Charles Bukowski: "We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment