Wednesday 17 June 2020

Modeling

Everybody knows I am tall.

Back in the days when I was not that tall, my father took me to a studio to have my picture taken (actually, we went as a family to have our picture taken). It is all very blunt in my head, when I try to remember it. Somehow, over the years, I have asked myself if it wasn’t all just a dream.

The photographer’s studio seemed familiar and I remember I was sitting on a bench and I was probably told to smile. And to sit still. 

Even though… out of all the times I had my picture taken there were few people that asked me to stay still. The usual reproach is that I do not stand upright. My first photograph taken for my ID, back when the ID was a small notebook, was a black and white one. Moreover, it was a frustration fruit. Meaning that the photographer insisted on the fact that I was not keeping myself upright, but leaning to the right (do not read this as a declaration regarding my political views). And this is how my lips turned out askew (maybe this is how I thought I could control my sitting upright) like I had just eaten some lemon slices.

But coming back to the point, there are people that do not change over the years. It seems to me that I have not changed from this picture:

To this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment