Tuesday 11 August 2020

My mom is also inspiring

(Photo Copyright: Kristopher Roller - Unsplash)

Giving the many posts on the advice received from my father, one would think that my mother cannot be quite as inspiring. Well, you’re wrong or I gave you the wrong idea, one of the other.

When I was young, I dreaded the idea of sleeping during the afternoon. My mom used to come from work and had a couple of hours for house chores before returning again to work. Sometimes she would stop and take a twenty minutes nap. I remember her trying to convince me to go to sleep. But my mind was racing, and did not enjoy afternoon naps. Being by her side, I would always turn from one side to the other, trying to fall asleep to no end. Of course that my fidgeting was interfering with her sleep and she would always say that my afternoon nap could be compared to a bird’s flight over our apartment building (it lasted just as much).

But when she did manage to sleep, it was fine. As time went by, she started finding ways to fall asleep faster. That’s how Maria Treben and her famous book ‘Health from God's Garden: Herbal Remedies for Glowing Health and Well-Being’ entered our life. She would start reading and after a couple of pages she was already asleep. And after the end of the nap she always referred to it as ‘making sight savings’.

No comments:

Post a Comment