Monday 9 November 2020

How to lower stress levels

 


Studies show that watching a beaver eat cabbage lowers stress by 17%. But what about if you were acting like a beaver?! 

I read this headline and watched the video of a beaver eating cabbage, and I laughed. It all took me back in time. Me and my sis were sharing the same bedroom (to the comfort thesis that I see implemented by parents, I tell you – there are no shared memories if brothers or sisters have different rooms). It was an autumn night, and after switching off the TV, I found myself not being able to go to sleep and somehow… craving for cabbage.

Well, I guess I was not good at leaving things for the next day back then, either. So I went out of bed and went to the hall and opened the fridge. I took a couple of cabbage leaves and closed the fridge. But I did not go in the kitchen or anywhere else in the apartment to enjoy them. Instead, I returned to bed and started eating them. The crunching and munching wake my sister up, and she asked me to leave the bedroom and finish eating.

I guess my sister owes me a lot for reducing her stress. It seems I was quite the expert back then and I had no clue about it.

So watch a beaver or be a beaver, whatever suits you best. But make sure to lower your stress. It does wonders for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment