Friday 26 November 2021

Letter to Santa


I was talking with my sister on the phone, and I don’t know why we arrived at the subject about smartphone. Namely, my life without a smartphone. My nephew was listening to our conversation (I was on speaker) and he beautifully showed how much he resembles us by coming forward with a solution – Tell her to write to Santa!


‘Why?’, my sister asked.

‘So that she can receive a smartphone.’

‘She does not want a smartphone.’

‘Well, tell her to write him, anyway’, my nephew added.

 

I’m being a good girl, dear Santa, and I am writing to you. It’s been so long since I last wrote to you that I am a little bit afraid that I won’t be able to express my wishes as I used to. Short, to the point and with no justification. So, please forgive the possible inadequacy in the lines below.

 

Dear Santa,

 

I do not want a smartphone. Ever.

But I do want – really bad – moments like those that you have already brought me in the past. Those when me and all loved ones laugh with all of our might.

 

Have a smooth ride!

The nephew’s auntie

No comments:

Post a Comment