Friday 3 March 2023

Floriography. An Illustrated Guide to the Victorian Language of Flowers – Jessica Roux


When it comes to flowers, one thing is for sure – I do not know how to take care of them (but I must admit that I haven’t even tried to learn).

No gifted flower in a pot survived me more than two months. Little George, a cactus, owns this title and great honor. Moreover, I do not know the names of flowers (aside from freesia, which I absolutely adore), but this book proved to be interesting to me.

 

Aside from the significance of every flower presented in the book and the flowers with which one could combine it in order to obtain a bunch (which also has a significance; the detective in me loved this), the illustrations are marvelous. One almost expects to feel the perfume of the flowers while looking at their illustrations.

 

I must admit, from now on, I will look at any bunch of flower differently than before, trying to find the message behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment