Saturday 25 July 2020

K.I.S.S.

(Photo credit: Gary Sandoz - Unsplash)

When you’re young, you’re constantly looking for people to look up to. Sometimes you realize that, sometimes you don’t.

But if you’re lucky, you might find inspiration in people and situations around you. The story of ‘K.I.S.S.’ is an example of the abovementioned.

When I was in college, few of the things happening there really came up to my expectations. But I had a few teachers that inspired me and I think I was lucky because of that.

One of the sayings of one of the teachers really stuck with me through the years. And I especially liked it because I thought (and still do) that it is essential to not over complicate things. Yes, K.I.S.S. stands for ‘keep it simple, stupid’.

And I found out it works. When you find yourself lost in so many details, try and simplify things. In school, I was told I give laconic answers. From time to time, I still do that, mainly because I like to stick to the point and not intoxicate people with information.

Thus, I have developed a keen nose for falsity and that helps a lot. It’s like Albert Einstein put it: if you cannot explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment